These are all taken from my Audioscrobbler top 50 artists playlist for the last 10 months or so.
- number of artists that I know personally – 22/50
- number I’ve played bass with – 9/50
- number of bass-fronted acts – 5/50
- number of singer/songwriters – 22/50
- number of instrumental artists – 12/50
- number I’ve seen live – 27/50
I wonder how that stacks up alongside your listening habits? If you’re a musician, do you listen to music by people you know, or people who play your instrument? do you buy many CDs at gigs, or do gigs inspire you to buy CDs?
Soundtrack – Joe Pass and NHOP, ‘Chops’.by